- The Pantry will provide a 3-day supply of food to any person with a voucher from one of 50 cooperating agencies and churches that verify family size and need.
- Clients can return again after 30 days with another voucher.
- The Pantry is operated and staffed solely by volunteers now numbering over 200.
- Non-perishable items are pre-packed based on family size to keep waiting time for clients to a minimum.
- Frozen and refrigerated items are added to the orders when they are picked up.
- The Food Pantry is supported by:
- Food and financial donations from local churches, organizations and individuals.
- A State grant and USDA foods.
- During the last fiscal year (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019), the Pantry served an average of 612 families per month or an average of 2,233 people per month.
- The Ecumenical Food Pantry and the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank are different entities but are often confused with each other,
- The Pantry provides direct service to individuals and families in the Greater Harrisburg area.
- The Bank is like a wholesaler to hunger relief programs in 27 counties.
- The Ecumenical Food Pantry is the largest pantry serviced by the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.